Streetwriters (Private) Limited ("us", "we", or "our") operates https://notesnook.com and Notesnook mobile applications (hereinafter referred to as "Service").
2. Information Collection and UseWe collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
3. Types of Data CollectedPersonal Data While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: (a) Email address Usage Data We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other diagnostic data. When you access Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. At all times you can opt out of all such usage data collection simply by going into Settings in Service and disabling Telemetry.
4. Use of DataStreetwriters (Private) Limited uses the collected data for various purposes: (a) to provide and maintain our Service; (b) to notify you about changes to our Service; (c) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so; (d) to provide customer support; (e) to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service; (f) to monitor the usage of our Service; (g) to detect, prevent and address technical issues; (h) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (i) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; (j) to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.; (k) to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information; (l) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (m) for any other purpose with your consent.
7. Disclosure of DataWe may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide: (a) Business Transaction If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred. (b) Other cases. We may disclose your information also: (i) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; (ii) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; (iii) with your consent in any other cases;
8. Security of DataThe security and privacy of your data is important to us. We have put in place measures to encrypt all your data using state-of-the-art encryption algorithms (XChaCha20-Poly1305-IETF & Argon2) on your device before any transmission over the Internet. However, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. - See more at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at [email protected]. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights: (a) the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you; (b) the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete; (c) the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data; (d) the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; (e) the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format; (f) the right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information; Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
11. Your Data Protection Rights under the California ConsumerPrivacy Act (CCPA) If you are a California resident, you are entitled to learn what data we collect about you, ask to delete your data and not to sell (share) it. To exercise your data protection rights, you can make certain requests and ask us: (a) What personal information we have about you. If you make this request, we will return to you: (i) The categories of personal information we have collected about you. (ii) The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information. (iii) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information. (iv) The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information. (v) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. (vi) A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact. (vii) A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with. Please note, you are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months. (b) To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate. (c) To stop selling your personal information. We don't sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for any purpose. You are the only owner of your Personal Data and can request disclosure or deletion at any time. Please note, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require the usage of your personal information to function. But in no circumstances, we will discriminate against you for exercising your rights. To exercise your California data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by one of the following means: By email: [email protected] Your data protection rights, described above, are covered by the CCPA, short for the California Consumer Privacy Act. To find out more, visit The Official California Legislative Information website. The CCPA took effect on 01/01/2020.
12. Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
13. AnalyticsWe use self-hosted Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Umami Umami is a self-hosted web traffic analysis tool. For more information about Umami, visit the official website.
17. Children's PrivacyOur Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 13. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
June 5, 2023
- Renamed "Streetwriters (Private) Ltd." to "Streetwriters (Private) Limited"
- Added the https://app.notesnook.com/ web app to the list of Services.
- Clarified where our servers are located in 6. Transfer of Data.